October 29, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football?

I LIVE for college football. I patiently wait for college to start every fall so that every Thursday, Friday and Saturday my eyes are glued to the television watching guys run around tackling each other, kicking and catching balls and everything else that is... college football. I love checking the rankings every Sunday to see how far an upset causes a school to fall and who's still battling for that #1 spot. I get joy out of chatting it up with my dad each game about the off the wall calls and stupid plays. I've even been given the side-eye and banned as "one of the girls" because I choose to stay home and watch two undefeated teams in the middle of the season battle it out than to walk aimlessly around a mall... that game was worth it though! 

To me college football isn't like every other kind of football. I can't get into high school or pro football like I can college. It seems like there's a lot more heart in college football, and that's what I love to see. And new talent is constantly being rotated in, nobody can ever be around for yearssss.

When my teams are down I want to suit up and get out there on the field and help them take the lead. When my teams are up I'm the biggest trash talker you'll ever meet. If we get  the W, I celebrate like I'm the one that made the sack or caught the winning touchdown pass. If we get the L, I hurt like I'm the kicker that missed the field goal for the tie to take the game into overtime.

Yes... college football IS that serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment